As an employee in North Bay, Ontario, you have rights and responsibilities under the Employment Standards Act (commonly known as ESA). When your rights are violated, you need to file a claim with the Ministry of Labour. Correspondingly, as a federal or provincial employer, you must conform to the rules stated in the ESA or Canada Labour Code.
Suzanne Desrosiers Professional Corporation exists to facilitate this process. Our law firm boasts 34 years of experience in successfully fighting for the rights of our clients. For personalized service from skilled attorneys, call our team at (705) 268-6492.
TALK TO AN EXPERT
Employment Lawyers Specializing in Federal and Provincial Employers’ Rights
We have dedicated lawyers on our legal team that focus their practice to help federal and provincial employers. Federally governed employers are obligated to comply with the Canada Labour Code, whereas provincially governed employers must observe the requirements of the Employment Standards Act.
Thankfully, we’re fully trained in dealing with both types of cases. If you are struggling in legal matters with your employees, such as draftings:
- Disciplinary Letters
- Termination Letters
- Employment Policies
- Definite and Indefinite Contracts
- …and more
Our experts can help you write all the above documents and provide you with professional advice and information for the future security of your business.
Employment Attorneys for Employees
You know you have rights as an employee. Unfortunately, grappling with the fine print of these rights can be a challenge. That’s where we come in. Our attorneys are very familiar with all the intricacies of workplace issues for Ontario employees. So much so, that we’re specialists in labour law.
Our team is committed to walking you through the details of your case at every turn. You can expect to be fully aware of your options every step of the way. Some of the cases we manage regularly are:
- Wrongful Dismissal: If your employment has been wrongfully terminated, we will fight hard to get you your rightful compensation in the shortest delay possible.
- Discrimination and Harassment: By law, every employee in the province of Ontario has the right to work in an environment free of discrimination based on race, religion, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, age, and other grounds. If you’re a victim of discrimination or harassment in the workplace, we’ll work closely with you to rectify the mistreatment and get you the justice you deserve.
- Employment Standards Compliance: The ESA supplies basic rules concerning your work hours, overtime hours, vacation, public holiday, and termination pay, as well as parental leave. If you experience unlawful dealings with any of these matters, we’ll support you until the problem is resolved to your satisfaction.
- Duty to Accommodate: If you’re unable to perform any of your work-related duties due to reasons regarding your religion, physical or psychological disability, or children, your employer has a legal obligation to accommodate.
This list is non-exhaustive. We also deal routinely with workplace privacy issues, bullying and violence cases, and much more. If you have problems with any of the following situations, or you want to understand your rights on something that’s not listed, we can help you.
North Bay’s Preferred Employment Law Firm
When it comes to taking legal action in the workplace, time is of the essence. If you suspect your rights are being violated in any capacity, or you need assistance as an employer to conduct your business in a manner that complies with the law, reach out to us immediately. Our employment law attorneys will work with you to get to the bottom of the facts before it’s too late.