Debts, Collections, Money Owed, Enforcement of Orders in Timmins

Does someone owe you money and you’re not receiving payments? Let Suzanne Desrosiers Professional Corporation - Lawyers assist you in this regard. For example, we can determine whether you need an Order from the Court against your debtor and help you get it. Furthermore, if you have an agreement that sets out the exact amount of money owing, it may be easy to obtain a Default Judgment against the person who owes you money.

About image

Collecting money

The office of Suzanne Desrosiers Professional Corporation - Lawyers can help you collect money owed to you.

Even if you have an Order stating that someone owes you money (an order from the Landlord and Tenant Board), if the person is not making payments, you will need to take additional steps to enforce the Order so that you can collect.

A common way to obtain payment from someone is to garnishee the person’s bank account or to garnishee his/her wages. To do this, you will need to know the location of the banking institution where the person has a bank account or know where the person is employed.

For larger amounts of money, a creditor may sometimes prefer filing a writ of seizure and sale with the sheriff in whose geographic jurisdiction the debtor’s property is located. Depending on the writ filed, the sheriff will have the power to seize and sell the real property (land) and/or personal property (vehicles) of the debtor. Allow our office to explain which of the debtor’s property is exempt from seizure and sale and guide you in determining which enforcement process is best for your situation.

If you do not know what assets the debtor owns or where they are located, we can assist you by holding an examination in aid of execution, also called or commonly referred to as a judgment debtor examination. This is where we question the debtor under oath to help you decide how best to recover the money from the debtor.

Contact Suzanne Desrosiers Professional Corporation – Lawyers at (705) 268-6492 or online to find out more about how we can assist you.

Call us Today