PROGRESSIVE DISCIPLINE IN THE WORKPLACE
Available for Federal & Provincial Employers/Employees
*All Canada Labour Code Employers will especially benefit from this training*
Those in attendance will learn:
- What is progressive discipline?
- What types of conduct typically warrant progressive discipline?
- How is progressive discipline applied?
- How to draft a disciplinary letter?
- How to conduct a disciplinary meeting?
- What are examples of when progressive discipline was not implemented correctly?
- When is the use of progressive discipline unwarranted?
Problems we see regularly:
The Employer gives the employee a series of verbal warnings and does not keep a record of these warnings. After a while, the Employer can no longer tolerate the inappropriate behaviour of the Employee and decides that they want to terminate him/her. They consult their lawyer and realize they did not apply progressive discipline. All of a sudden the Employee is bombarded with written reprimands, suspensions without pay and then termination all within a very short period of time. This is the WRONG WAY to apply progressive discipline and it can be costly to proceed in that fashion.
Who should attend this Seminar?
- Management Team; and
- People in Supervisory Positions.