BOARD GOVERNANCE SEMINAR
Available for Federal & Provincial Employers/Employees
Those in attendance will learn:
- What governance means;
- How to develop good governance;
- The roles and responsibilities of:
- The Board of Directors;
- The Executive Director;
- The Directors;
- The President/Chairperson; and
- The Secretary.
- How to run an efficient Board Meeting;
- What a conflict of interest is and how it is appropriately dealt with;
- How to avoid legal liability; and
- What succession planning is, and why it is useful.
Some Additional Information:
- Board Governance refers to the way in which a Corporation or Organization is directed and controlled.
- The Board of Directors must:
- Make decisions that are in the best interests of its stake holders or members;
- Be knowledgeable of all relevant policies;
- Be knowledgeable of and compliant with all relevant legislation;
- Promote responsible and transparent decision-making;
- Be able to recognize, manage and mitigate risks; and
- Manage funds responsibly.
Who should attend this Seminar?
- The Executive Director; and
- Members of the Board of Directors.